Green infrastructure and hydrology in a changing climate were explored in more detail through a 4 month internship (January to May 2009).
The report from this project can be downloaded from here.
Presentations from a half day seminar (on 5th May 2009) can be downloaded from here. The seminar was chaired by Professor John Handley of the University of Manchester, and included the following presentations.
- Green infrastructure to combat climate change: part of the NW Climate Change Action Plan - Susannah Gill, The Mersey Forest
- Green infrastructure and hydrology: a summary of my 4-month internship with The Mersey Forest - Julia Bartens, The Mersey Forest
- River Basin Management Plans - Anu Handoo, Environment Agency
- Flood management: the role of the Environment Agency - Clive Gaskell, Environment Agency
- Spatial Planning and floodplain restoration: and the relevance to GI? - Karen Potter, University of Liverpool
- Integrating grey and green infrastructure - Malcolm Barton, IBIS Environmental and Design Consultants
- Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems - David Wake, Cass Associates